Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Official! I can be Canadian....well. Sort of.

I've been waiting to get my temporary student visa information back from the Canadian Consulate in Seattle. Incredibly nice chaps, let me tell you. They took my $125 non-refundable Canadian funds bank draft, my forty-two official forms, bank statements, my passport, and letter from York saying that I was indeed accepted to study at the university, and what did I get in return? A happy little envelope with my passport, a receipt for said $125 non-refundable Canadian funds bank draft, and a letter that says at the very top in big, bold, capital letters, and I quote: "YOU MUST SHOW THIS LETTER TO A CANADA CUSTOMS OFFICIAL WHEN YOU FIRST ARRIVE IN CANADA." Ha. "Welcome to the country" I suppose is the sub-text in very very small, minute print. :) But this is exciting because.....yes. I can go. They will let me in to their country and call me one of their temporary own. Next step is getting Pepper Jane to come with me! (That would be my 2004 Ford Escape) As it turns out, they didn't do anything to my passport, but I do get the opportunity to become close friends with an Immigration officer at the border. Hopefully they'll crack a joke with me, because in tense situations, I tend to go just a smidge quippy. I think that could be an interesting day before me.

1 comment:

Jules said...

SCORE. If I have to fill out 42 forms to visit you, um...you will have to be content with emails, my friend.