Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bursting the Eardrums

So, I have a confession to make. I went to the American Idol Live concert tonight at the 'E' Center. WOW. I have never seen so many blonde itty-bitty-teenie-boppers in my life! And yes, those girls have got some lung power. An hour and a half after we left the arena, my ears are still ringing. It was incredible the amount of deafening noise 10,000 underaged tweeners can make. The best part was that they were so predictably unpredictable. At the mere mention of David Archuleta (affectionately known as Archie to the Idolers), or seeing his face for .024 seconds on a video clip, and they all went into synchronized screaming. I kid not - you couldn't hear the 100,000 amps blasted the drum beat over the amount of ear-splitting noise that the audience created. I imagine it's hard to maintain a healthy perspective on life when you have 10,000 girls ready to marry you...when they...and you....become of age.

All in all, it was an enjoyable evening. I wish I could have heard the music a bit better, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Michael Johns, Brooke White, and Archie were my fav's, just because you could hear what they were singing. David Cook was David Cook. As he was singing and strutting his manly guitar slinging strut up there, all I could think of was that Idol finally picked someone who was just plain "cool" as the winner. Kelly Clarkson, Reuben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin........and David. Yeah. He stands out in the coolness factor.

Now the question that needs to be answered: "Were I ten years younger, would I have been part of the screaming set wearing my "David would vote for ME" t-shirt? I hope I know the answer to that!

3 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Hello Hello! I love that you are back! Congrats on Grad School, and Canada, and finding your hearts one true wish! Love you!

Jules said...

I SWEAR I wrote a reply to this blog, but apparently I didn't...

Anyway, speaking of teeny boppers, I can't wait (hah!) to see the swarms of them at the Breaking Dawn parties and Twilight's opening. It will be madddddness!

(It would, however, be completely awesome if there were some kind of brawl between Edward fangirls and Jacob fangirls.)

the Hut Man said...

Hey Leah
I dont thing you would be one to yell and scream ten years ago

:)