Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Shamefully Late Entry

Okay, most of you probably have stopped checking my blog, because......well..........life has happened since that last blog. Nothing major. Just life. To the point where at night, I think to myself - blog? or sleep? And you can guess which option won out every time. And so, after receiving numerous, uh, suggestions (that's putting it nicely), I will post SOMETHING until I can do a proper blog, just so that when you do check in with my wacky world of weirdness, you aren't confronted with my face everytime.

So, let's recap the last six weeks or so - (more in depth analyses to follow)
--I turned 25. Enough said.--

--I distributed all my application materials to professors and paid extraordinary amounts of money to be able to get the priviledge of having schools consider me as a possible applicant. Not fun for the check book.--

--I narrowed my schools down to the following choices: (arranged in order of wishful thinking of I will get accepted)
1- University of Arizona
2- York University
3- Penn State
4- University of Wisconsin-Madison
5- University of Utah
No, no BYU on that list. I've been there, done that, and moved on. So it's on to different states (or even countries!) this time. Wahoo! I've been singing the song "Defying Gravity" from Wicked to give me courage, particularly the part where Elphaba sings - "And nobody in all of Oz, no wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down." It's my mantra these days. --

--I discovered the Wicked soundtrack. Oh fun. Serious fun. I love good musicals and this one is swiftly becoming a favorite. Now if it would only get to Salt Lake City in a timely fashion! Until then, you can find me Mondays-Fridays 7:30-7:53 in the morning and 5:00-5:24 in the afternoons jamming to Elphaba and Co. on my way to and from work.--

--I saw Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband perform live and up close and personal. Can I just say they rock? The devil can take me down to Georgia anytime he wants, as long as they fiddle down there with me.--

--I'm singing in two Christmas choirs. Not of my own free will. More of an obligation. With your mother putting the stake choir together and your ward choir begging people every Sunday, I gave into the moral obligatory pressure and accepted my fate to be a minstral this holiday season.--

--I sang the words "We can be together forever someday" five times, while holding the hand of the person next to me. Sadly, it wasn't Gregory Smith or Dean, but, until they become real and want to date me, HRH will do just fine. She knows what I'm talking about.--

--I've seen Enchanted 3 times. Okay, how sad is it that I get my kicks out of a Princess story? And just wish that just ONE of those guys would somehow stumble across my path. But, such is life, and so I'll just continue singing my own version of "I've been waiting for a true love's....."--

--I bought a pair of red ballet flats. Can I just say how empowering red shoes can make a female feel? Honestly, I should buy five more pair! Especially now that I have a red pea coat to match them!--

--I drove down to St. George with two ex-Elder friends to see an ex-Hermana get married. Wow. That was weird. Her being all married-like with a guy, and me in a car with two 21 year olds for six hours in a twelve-hour period. AUGH!!!!!!!!! But I did make record time. Wonder why....--

--I saw "El Regalo de Navidad" - the Latino Christmas program in the Salt Lake tabernacle. Wicked awesome having everyone speak Spanish. Couldn't understand anything in the music, but, it was the ambiance that made it special. But then we had to drive home in a blizzard. Not so fun. I've decided snow freaks me out when it sticks to the road and makes my car have a mind of its own. Nope, I like it when it stays on the grass and trees. Too bad you can't program snow. Hmmmmmmmmm..........--

Okay, I'm getting the fuzzy head feeling, so, I will go into detail about some of these things, but suffice it to say, I'm alive. Well-ish. And trying to move my life forward, via college apps, red shoes, and "Wicked" good music. Till then, bloggers, take care!

1 comment:

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am so glad you are back! I check your blog everyday, and even though I have missed you, this post more than makes up for it... and it was super exciting because it was such a surprise! Aren't red shoes wonderful?