Sunday, September 23, 2007

Top Ten Guys I Wish Were Real...Or At Least an Option

We all know that it is so much more entertaining to live in a fantasy world than it is to live in reality. And if I'm going to live in a fantasy, I want to have the super-uber-perfect guy to be there right by my side. So that got me thinking - who would I pick? And as I can't leave anything up to chance, I decided to give the fates a little help on this one. So, blogger kids, I give to you my top ten list of guys I wish were real....or at least a viable option. And I'll try to explain who they are, where they are from, and why they are on the list.

1. Mr. Darcy (of any version....do I need to explain this one?)

2. Mr. Rochester (specifically the Toby Stephens' Rochester - he may be crazy, but he makes crazy look so DANG appealing)

3. Edward and/or Jacob (I'm cheating on this one, because it really should only be ONE guy, but hey - if one isn't real, I'd gladly take the other. See Twilight series for more information on this dilemma)

4. Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables - he waited how many years? Hook me up with some of that Canadian love!)

5. Jim (from the Office - Office Olympics anyone? Need I say more?)

6. Dean Forester (Gilmore Girls....but the Dean from seasons 1-2...beyond that, no thanks)

7. Orlando Bloom (be it a sprightly, arrow-wielding Elf or an honor-bound driven Pirate, he can make any girl swoon. Savvy?)

8. James McAvoy (you know- I'm in a phase. I'll get over it. Until then, watch the Penelope trailer and see if you join me.)

9. Fred Weasley (LOVE HIM. Hilarious. Talented. Wizard. *sigh* Don't get me started on his tragic demise, okay? I'm still in mourning)

10. Gerard Butler! (the real-life Gerard, the Phantom Gerard, the Dear Frankie Gerard, even the Lara Croft Gerard...if you don't know why he should be on the list...well, I'm sorry for you. A life without Gerard is not worth living!)


So there you have it. This is not set in stone, so be ready for changes in the line-up, last minute additions, and popular vote-ins. And so, dear friends - who would you put on the list?

3 comments:

HRH said...

I totally agree with the list.

If I had to add to the list I might say Edward Farrows ("My heart is and always will be yours"), Prince Harry (his cheeks are red and I find that really cute), Ron Wealey and Oliver Wood and maybe even Lee Jordan, basically anyone from Newsies, Seaweed from Hairspray (this is my number one fantasty),Heath Ledger in good movies like Ten Things I Hate About You, the kid from Peter Pan (looks that could kill), Josh Groban's singing voice (voice only), and Michael Buble without the mouth.

The Golden Snitch said...

Let's see...I would have (not necessarily on order): Orlando, Gerard, Hugh Jackman, Mal from Firefly, Guppy. Ummm....I'm forgetting important people. I might have to think about this some more.

The Golden Snitch said...

Oh, and how is Jonathan Strange coming?? We must chat soon. I have a BOY story for you.

(Can you tell I finally remembered my account password?)