Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And my new nickname is...

So, I'm catching up on old emails and checking out websites for the latest political poll results and entertainment news (I lead a very small life), and I come across this section on ABC's website - Lost Nicknames - and can I say, WOW. I'm easily entertained. Because this made me giggle for like five minutes. Now, if any of you have watched the show Lost, you'll know there is this surly, quippy, and devilishly man-handsome beach castaway named Sawyer. (SEE EXHIBIT A ----------->)
Real name James Ford. Assumed name is Sawyer. Anyway, his backstory as to how he attached himself to his nickname is quite unfortunate and somewhat disturbing - but he takes his nicknaming talent and applies it to the castaways. Kate is no longer Kate, but Freckles. The list goes on. You catch my drift. Anyway, he was one of the reasons why I watched this show first season (I've since "Lost" my interest - I mean, they killed off Charlie by drowning him. Uncool. Supremely uncool. Erego I rebel.). And now ABC is catching on to the fact that his nicknames are awesome, so they've made a little program that generates nicknames for you, signed *heart* Sawyer. And he looks all "come hither", too. Gotta love marketing. The three questions are great - name, physical appearance, and mental capability. And poof! You get a nickname! The most hilarious part is that you put in the same information every time, and every time you get a new nickname. It's basically NickName Central! Hurray!

See, I've had this problem in life. I name other people things. I name inanimate objects things (my car? Pickle Jean). But only one person has come up with a nickname that stuck, and that's my aunt, and heaven forbid I ever say what that nickname is. Sorry, folks. Learn to live with the suspense, because I'm not saying a word! So, when I came to this website, I realized- "HUZZAH! I can have a nickname straight from a reliable source!" My logic isn't always logical, okay? After running through the Sawyer Mill a few times, I came up with some good ones and want to put it to your vote as to which one should stick. You be the judge! Or come up with your own and let me know!

The choices are (and I kid you not):

1. Captain Lou Albino

2. Avalanche

3. Ladybug

4. Einstein

5. Half-Pint
I love the Captain Lou Albino - and that's because I'm the Queen of Nonsense, and that is most definitely nonsense. So help, bloggers! Name me!

3 comments:

heidikins said...

While I like the Lou Albino one, it seems to wordy for a nickname... I really like Half-Pint and Ladybug though. :o)

xox

pinksuedeshoe said...

Half Pint... isn't that what Pa calls his daughter in Little House on the Prarie? Because I don't know that I peg you for the prarie type.

HRH said...

Must agree with Erika on half Pint. It's weird even in context. What about the nickname Beloved! That's one I think would work for me! :)