Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Spice of the British...and a Surprise!


Okay, so, announcing to all the Jane Austen Chick-Flickers in the world. The BBC has redone 4 Jane Austen novels (Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abbey) and will be showing all 6 adaptations of her novels (this means Colin Firth as Darcy will delight my small screen once again...and Kate Beckinsale as Emma...um, I'll stick with Darcy) on Masterpiece Theater over the coming weeks. First one up is Persuasion, THIS SUNDAY (as in, January 13th) at 7:00. So mark your calendars, set those TiVo's and allow yourself to be carried into the Jane Austen Universe! And if you are so interested, on the Masterpiece Theater website, the kindhearted programmers put up the entire schedule of the 2008 classics they will be showing over the coming months. Dare I say, I will be in English bliss until May! In my opinion, there is nothing to spice up the dreary winter months quite like the British.

And to add to my excitement and glee, my family and I have recently cemented our plans to go abroad in April. Oh my heavens, how many times have I wanted to say that and MEAN IT! Wahoo! We are going to Paris, Prague, and London. And I really don't care that I'm missing 7 work days. Hello! Europe! My Europe! (name that movie, sports fans) While in London, we're going to see "Wicked" the musical, so pretty much, after April, I can die happy, and a European traveler. It's just nice after putting up pictures and posters and calendars for years of London, Paris, Venice, Rome -- that I am actually going over there. At relatively low costs, thanks to frequent flier miles and hotel rewards points. So, that's something to look forward to as the winter months drag on...and in between Masterpiece Theater offerings. Oh shoot! I need to plan what I'm going to wear! Help!

2 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Little Women- Jo March

I loved Prague. They had so many wonderful souvenirs, and everyone was so much nicer than they were in Russia (shocker.) There are a lot of long cobblestone streets that are full of great treasures. We still have a fairly good exchange rate there, you should keep that in mind. Also, they had some gorgeous crystal goblets that I brought home but also marionette puppets, clothes, bags, wooden painted toys (so cute!) and a zillion other great things.... hmm, maybe I am jealous?

The Golden Snitch said...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.